Bringing a caravan or motorhome
The importation and use of caravans, motorhomes, campervans, folding campers and trailer tents in Jersey is controlled and specific conditions must be met by visitors and residents. All travellers are required to obtain a relevant permit or a letter of authority from Jersey’s Department of the Environment prior to travelling on Condor Ferries.
The following conditions are adhered to:
- visitors must stay on a registered campsite
- the maximum stay on the Island is 31 days
- the maximum permissible width of a caravan, motorhome, campervan, folding camper or trailer tent, including the towing vehicle, is 2.3m (this includes any fitting on or attached to the vehicle, but excludes mirrors and indicators)
- the permit must be displayed in the window of the caravan, motorhome or towing vehicle for the duration of the visit
Further information is available on the Government of Jersey’s website.
Campsites accepting caravans and motorhomes
In order to obtain a quote or make a reservation, passengers must go through one of the campsites in Jersey participating in the scheme or, if a registered member, via the Camping and Caravan Club.
Beuvelande Camp Site
St Martin, JE3 6EZ Tel: 01534 853575
Rozel Camp Site
St Martin, JE3 6AX Tel: 01534 855200
The Palms Campsite
St Ouen, JE3 2DB Tel: 01534 481700
Contact the campsites directly or visit their websites for further information.
- Contact the site of your choice
- The campsite proprietor takes full details of booking
- The campsite proprietor or approved agent makes the reservation with the sea carrier
- The confirmed booking detail is then sent to Economic Development Trading Standards Service
- Economic Development Trading Standards Services issues a permit, which is then returned to the campsite proprietor
- The campsite proprietor sends the permit to the visitor. The permit must be displayed in the vehicle for the duration of the stay.