Free advice on-board consultation service
“Advice On-board” is a free consultation service that offers safety advice to all those going to sea in pleasure craft (including PWCs and Jet Skis).
It is an informal one to one chat with one of our trained Coastguard or Marine Leisure Centre staff about the type of waterborne activity you participate in and the benefits of appropriate safety equipment, as well as offering advice relating to general safety. The advice will also include planning for different activities, how to perform routine checks and inspections on some of your life saving equipment, as well as recommendations for equipment replacement, upgrade or servicing.
In 2020, Jersey Coastguard, in partnership with Ports of Jersey, Jacksons Yacht Services, South Pier Marine and Normans Auto Marine are able to offer a discount of up to 20% on safety related equipment recommended during an Advice On-board consultation, subject to the Terms and Conditions listed below.
To receive further information on the scheme or to book an Advice On-board appointment, contact Jersey Coastguard by:
Tel: +44 (0) 1534 447705
Terms and conditions:
- Discount only available from participating Chandlers (Jacksons Yacht Services, South Pier Marine, Normans Auto Marine)
- Discount only applicable to items recommended through an Advice On-board appointment, on production of Ports of Jersey stamped triplicate form. 1 x customer copy, 1 x POJ copy, 1 x Chandlers copy
- Full discount only available to the first 100 Advice On-board given
- Limited to one spend per advice
- One-off maximum spend £500
- Discount applicable to 2020
- Up to 10% discount at discretion of Chandlers. Matched by Jersey Coastguard, in partnership with Ports of Jersey. Maximum available discount 20%
- Discount not available to Ports of Jersey staff